February 15, 2021
ERCOT has said that controlled outages could occur throughout Texas through Tuesday and that people should prepare to be without power for an extended period of time.
City of Belton officials continue to monitor the weather forecast. Additional weather-related closures may be necessary this week. An update will be provided on Wednesday
Freezing weather conditions are affecting several City of Belton services. Please be aware of the following:
- Trash Collection
- Tuesday: Waste Management will not operate on Tuesday, Feb. 16. An update about trash collections for the rest of the week will occur on Tuesday.
- Brush Collection: City brush collections are suspended until Monday, Feb. 22.
- Utility Billing: The Feb. 15 payment deadline is extended until 5 p.m., Friday, Feb. 19, to accommodate residents who prefer to pay bills in person or using the drop-box.
- Pipes: Freezing temperatures can cause water pipes to rupture. At home, remember to cover outside faucets and turn off and winterize sprinkler systems. Inside, open cabinets with water pipes and allow water to drip from taps to maintain water flow and prevent freezing. To report a water leak on a public water line call 254-933-5823.
- Online Services: Services offered on the City of Belton website such as filing a police report or submitting a building permit are still available.