March 25, 2020
The City of Belton has adjusted its services and is temporarily restricting access to certain facilities, in support of local and state disaster declarations related to COVID-19. The changes include:
- Fees associated with paying utility bills online are suspended through at least September 30, 2020. Please pay online, if possible.
- Lobby is closed to the public.
- Drive-thru will be open to receive payments for both municipal court and utilities.
- Office staff reduced to observe social distancing, with some working remotely and some rotating offices duties.
Lena Armstrong Public Library
Parks and Recreation
- Harris Community Center temporarily closed to the public. Events scheduled through April 11 are canceled.
- City parks and trails remain open. Restrooms at high use parks remain open.
- Pavilion rentals canceled through April 11.
- Athletic Complexes closed.
- All trials and hearings scheduled in March and on April 2 are rescheduled.
- A grace period for payment plans is initiated for March and April.
- Consider filing a police report online or on the phone for non-emergencies.
- For non-emergencies call 254-933-5840.
- Lobby closed to the public. All tours canceled.
- EMS services by AMR will continue with extra precautions for caregivers.
- To schedule an inspection contact Tami Bliven at 254-933-5882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To apply for a burn permit contact Tami Bliven at 254-933-5882 or email@example.com.
- Brush pickup will continue.
- Office closed to the public.
- Original backflow reports and copies of solid waste manifest forms will be accepted by mail instead of in-person drop-offs. Correspondence by phone is encouraged.
- Meetings with Public Works staff is by phone or appointment only.
- City Hall Lobby and Permit Window are closed to walk-in traffic. Please use MyPermitNow for permit requests and applications.
- Residents may apply for permits and schedule inspections online or call 1-866-957-3764 or 254-933-5812.
- For items such as Subdivision Plats and Plans, Zoning Changes and Variances to the Zoning Ordinance, or Certificates of Appropriateness for properties within a Historic District, please call 254-933-5812 to schedule an appointment with staff.
- For mapping related needs and addresses, please contact James Gibson at 254-933-5890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact the Planning Department at 254-933-5812 or email@example.com with any questions.