February 22, 2021
Water (Stage 5 Drought Conditions)
- Water conservation efforts over the past 24 hours made a significant difference and water pressure is up throughout the City.
- Stage 5 Conditions will remain in place for at least the next 24 hours to verify that the water system is stable.
- Potable water is currently available at three places in Belton. Please bring your own container. Must be a Belton water customer (confirmed with a driver’s license or city utility bill).
- Public Works yard, 1502 Holland Rd. (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Fire Station No. 2, 420 Sparta Rd. (24 hours, self service)
- Harris Community Center, 401 N. Alexander St. (24 hours, self service)
- If you have no water, it is likely because a leak was detected on your property. Please make repairs before requesting to have the water turned back on.
- City of Belton crews continue to assist residents to turn on and off water. If you have water related questions, please call 254-933-5823.
- We express appreciation to commercial water customers and other large volume water customers for their assistance during this time.
- Boil water notice is limited to Old Golf Course Road and Auction Barn Road.
- Permit fees for emergency repairs are waived through March 5.
- Please do not operate sprinkler systems until we return to normal water conditions. Many leaks have occurred at the sprinkler backflow device. Residents are advised to inspect sprinkler systems, or have them serviced by a professional, before turning them on.
- Trash and recycling services are on normal schedule this week.
- Curbside bulk collection is Wednesday for customers with Friday trash collection.
- This week only, Thursday and Friday customers may place extra items outside the trash bin for collection. This exception is because these customers have not been serviced for two weeks due to weather conditions.
- Beginning Wednesday, residents with excess trash from last week may dispose of it at the Public Works yard, 1502 Holland Rd., 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Must be Belton water customer (confirmed with a driver’s license or city utility bill).
- Brush Collections resume today.
- To report a pothole or damage to a street call 254-933-5823.
- Street repairs on high traffic streets will be addressed first.