February 16, 2021
February 15, 2021City of Belton facilities will be closed again on Wednesday, and employees will not report to work, with the exception of emergency service employees. The closure is due to extreme weather, and its impact on the power grid and road conditions.
Controlled outages have continued to occur in our area with many people without power for extended periods of time in this region. ERCOT has said that people should prepare to be without power for an extended period of time.
City of Belton officials continue to monitor the weather forecast. Additional weather-related closures may be necessary this week. An update will be provided on Thursday.
Freezing weather conditions are affecting several City of Belton services. Please be aware of the following:
- Trash/Recycling Collection
- Wednesday: Waste Management will not operate on Wednesday, Feb. 17. An update about trash collections for the rest of the week will occur on Wednesday.
- Road Conditions: Please stay off the road tonight and early tomorrow as slush from today combined with freezing rain overnight are expected to cause hazardous road conditions.
- Brush Collection: City brush collections are suspended until Monday, Feb. 22.
- Utility Billing: The Feb. 15 payment deadline is extended until 5 p.m., Friday, Feb. 19, to accommodate residents who prefer to pay bills in person or using the drop-box.
- Pipes: To report a water leak on a public water line call 254-933-5823. Freezing temperatures can cause water pipes to rupture. At home, remember to cover outside faucets and turn off and winterize sprinkler systems. Inside, open cabinets with water pipes and allow water to drip from taps to maintain water flow and prevent freezing.
- Online Services: Services offered on the City of Belton website such as filing a police report or submitting a building permit are still available.