December 03, 2019
BELTON, Texas – The City of Belton and the Downtown Belton Business Alliance (DBBA) are kicking off the Christmas season together at what is anticipated to be the biggest and best Christmas event in Central Texas.
Celebrate Christmas on the Chisholm Trail on the streets of historic Downtown Belton on Friday and Saturday.
The festivities kickoff near the Downtown Courthouse, 101 E. Central Ave., on Friday, Dec. 6 (6-9 p.m.), with live music, food trucks, a viewing of the movie Elf (courtesy of Grand Avenue Theater), adult beverages available for purchase from a local company and a tree lighting.
“The tree lighting on Friday is new this year, and we think families will really enjoy the evening in downtown together.” Belton Director of Parks and Recreation Matt Bates said. “We also have set records this year for parade entries and vendors for Saturday.”
The main event is Saturday, Dec. 7, noon to 7 p.m. The Downtown area around the historic Bell County Courthouse will be filled with 200 vendors. Santa and Mrs. Claus and live music will be on the grounds of the courthouse, and a Kids Zone with inflatables, fire trucks and police cars will be located on East Street.
The event concludes with a 6 p.m. parade on Saturday down Penelope Street, from Nolan Creek to 2nd Avenue.
Attractions will include:
• Christmas parade, Saturday at 6 p.m.
• Food court (Parking lot across City Hall)
• School Choirs, Musical Ensembles, and Feature Performers (Bell County Courthouse)
• 200 vendors with food, crafts, toys, games, clothing, jewelry, etc.
• Special deals from the downtown brick and mortar businesses
• Santa Claus (Bell County Courthouse)
• Kids Zone with bounce houses, barrel train, fire trucks, police vehicles, games, book giveaways from the Friends of the Lena Armstrong Library, etc.
The day will be filled with the holiday spirit and should be fun for the entire family. Be sure to mark your calendars now for Christmas on the Chisholm Trail in historic Downtown Belton, Saturday, December 7, from noon to 7 p.m.