The Belton City Council has authorized a Growth Management Study that could lead to annexations by the end of the year. The Study will comprise of seven different areas outlined in an Aug. 23 City Council Meeting.
The study will provide the Council with a detailed analysis of all seven areas, including the following criteria:
• Review existing and potential land uses;
• Assess the compatibility of anticipated future land uses;
• Identify existing and planned utilities;
• Review CCN (water and sewer utility) service boundaries;
• Assess street conditions and thoroughfare plan implications;
• Address the extension of other city services and city standards; and
• Identify location/proximity of surrounding area ETJ’s (extra territorial jurisdictions).
Once the Council has received the study it will evaluate each area to determine whether to move forward with the process. That decision is anticipated at a City Council Meeting scheduled for Sept. 13.Additional Info...