City-wide street maintenance aimed at protecting and preserving streets is under way and will continue throughout the week, weather permitting. Chip sealing is a common maintenance practice where a thin layer of oil and rock is added to a road surface, effectively sealing pavement cracks and preventing water from penetrating the road surface.
Residents and businesses along the affected roadways have been notified. The chip sealing operation typically shuts down half a street at a time. During the process traffic control personnel are onsite to protect workers and help direct traffic.
The following locations will be affected this week:
• Miller St. between E. Ave. T and E. Ave. S (end of road to north)
• Miller St. between E. Ave. R and E. Ave. Q
• E. Ave. P between I-35 Service Road and S. Wall St.
• E. Ave. Q between S.Wall St. and Miller St.
• E. Ave. R between S. Penelope St. and Miller St.
• S. Penelope St. between E. Ave. R and Savage Ave.
• E. Ave. S between I-35 Service Road and S. Wall St.
• E. Ave. T between S. Wall St. and Miller St.