GovernmentServicesCommunityDepartmentsI'm Looking For
Go To Search
Click to Home
Historic Districts
South Main Historic District

All 10 properties within this district were constructed between 1880 and 1935. One hundred percent of the properties in this district are contributing.

Lower West Belton Historic District

The 41 properties within this district include 36 parcels with residential or commercial buildings, 22 of which (61.1%) are contributing. The 22 contributing buildings were constructed between 1870 and 1935.

Downtown Belton Commercial Historic District

This district contains 120 total properties: 23 parking lots and 97 parcels with buildings. Forty-five of the buildings (46.4%) are contributing and were constructed between 1870 and 1959, are associated with the commercial development of Belton as a governmental, banking, trading and cotton processing center.

Central Belton Historic District

The contributing buildings in this district represent the evolution of local construction patterns from 1895 through 1959. Of the 77 properties within this district, 17 are vacant lots or are part of multi-lot properties in which the buildings are on other parcels. In total, 60 parcels contain buildings, and 40 of those (66.7%) are contributing.

North Central Belton Historic District

The contributing buildings in this district were constructed between 1870 and 1959 and contain structures built during three housing booms in Belton: in the late 1800s, following the construction of railroad lines; during the early 1900s, when the cotton industry supported Belton's economic prosperity; and after the opening of Camp Hood military base (now Fort Hood) in nearby Killeen, in 1941.There are 194 properties within this district, including 16 of which are vacant lots or part of multi-lot properties where the buildings are on other parcels. In total, 178 parcels contain buildings, and 126 of those (70.8%) are contributing.