Inspections are conducted Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. unless offices are closed. Requests received after 10 a.m. will be conducted the next business day.
Belton uses the MyPermitNow Customer Portal (also known as MyGovernmentOnline) for online
building permitting and inspection purposes.
The software platform allows contractors and residents to:
- Apply for permits
- Pay permit fees
- Submit plans in PDF format
- Track progress from application to permit
- View/Print comment letters
- View/Print building plans
- Request inspections
- View/Print inspection reports
- Receive real-time notifications upon completion of inspection
For those new to MyPermitNow, instructions on how to register and use it are available here. A customer portal account is required to use the software. There is no cost to establish an account. Those with existing accounts simply designate Belton as the jurisdiction for the submittal and/or request.
For questions about how to use the MyPermitNow system, please contact a planning clerks at 254-933-5812, or directly contact MyPermitNow customer support at 1-866-95PERMIT (76764) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once an account is established, MyPermitNow software allows permit applications to occur online rather than traveling to the Planning Department office. Please note that when submitting an application online any documents required with it (i.e. building plans, construction documents, site plans, rescheck, etc.) must be uploaded in PDF format.
Requesting an inspection time and date online is a feature allowed by the software, but users must provide at least a 24 hour notice for the request to be considered. Inspectors enter inspection results in the field to ensure that users receive the results in near real-time via e-mail or through the customer portal.
For assistance using MyPermitNow, please call technical support at 1-866-957-3764, option 1 for assistance. The agents can assist with any software related questions.
Those without computer or Internet access may submit a paper application to the City of Belton Planning Department,
333 Water Street, Belton in person, by email (email@example.com), or by fax 254-933-5822, Attn: Planning Department.
- 2009 International Building Code
- 2009 International Residential Code
- 2009 International Mechanical Code
- 2009 International Plumbing Code
- 2009 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2009 International Existing Building Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code